Monday, December 16, 2013

My New Personal Blog... Barbed Wire and Grace

Welcome to my new blog!  
For quite a while now I have wanted a fresh blog start.
a place of my own,to write what I want
with no rules or expectations. 
I have needed a place that has no history even though I loved my time with the superwoman spirit I have grown, 
things have changed. 
So it is time.



Yesterday I went for a ride on the farm with my husband.
We fed the cows and rode around the farm.  I realized a few things while doing this. 
It has been years since I went with him.
I miss it terribly.
It made me question where the hell have I been?  
The cows get fed daily, the farm is the same as it has been for 16 years, my husband is the same, my children are the same.  Nothing had changed about all of the things that I love except for me.  I have become to busy, 
to focused on other things,
 I just stopped seeing. 
Something I have never shared on my other blog or my facebook is I struggle with major depression issues. 
This past year more than ever. 
This last month has been by far the worst month I have ever experienced with depression, forcing me to find help.  
I am working through it and today is a good day.  
On these days I see what is helpful for me and writing with horrible grammar and spelling makes me happy.  

Here I am at 41 feeling like 
I truly need to find out who I am. 
I am learning, it is good and bad.  Things have come up from my past that I forgotten about or possibly blocked.  
It's a strange process.   
Scary but freeing as well.  
I know where I have been.  Lost, in myself, in my own misery and in expectations that myself and others have put on me.  

This is where Barbed Wire and Grace comes from...
A farm that I love, my desire to be my true self, my past,my present and seeing the grace in it all day by day with hope for a beautiful future.  

XO Shannon 

8 comments:

  1. Sending you love and hugs. I wish you well on your journey of self-discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbed Wire and Grace. That combo of words is so fitting to describe life's journey. Love you, Shannon! Stay in His grace and He will lift you up every single time. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the energy that propelled you into starting this new blog Shan. I went to a memorial service this weekend and the preacher talked about the woman who passed and how important Grace was to her. He said that not only did she receive Grace, but that she quietly extended
    Grace in her life. It really sparked me on a deep level. I see you as an extender of Grace, Shannon. Looking forward to following you here. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY you!! I am so excited to see where this journey takes you. I'm so happy that we had a talk that night that led to us realizing we were meant to be friends.;)xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marci you will never know how much you played a role in opening my eyes to what I have known for so long. You are strategically placed in my life without a doubt! <3 you!

      Delete